SugarSync is a convenient way to back up, sync and access files from anywhere, anytime. I have it installed on 3 devices–my laptop, my home PC, and my iPhone–which means I can access my important documents from anywhere.
Some features of SugarSync that make it a must-have:
- Important documents, photos, and movies are automatically backed up to your personal SugarSync website. If you ever lose a hard drive, you can easily retrieve your data.
- SugarSync saves the previous 5 versions of all files that have been edited, so you can roll back changes if you need to.
- Photo album collections can be organized into albums and shared.
- It’s easy to access the same data on multiple computers. All your computers can share the same MyDocuments folder, for example.
- Photos you take with your camera phone automatically sync to all the computers in your SugarSync network.
- You can access your files from any web browser.
- Music folders (including iTunes) can by sync’d across multiple computers and have the same music collection everywhere. What’s great about this is that it enables you to stream your music collection over the internet or directly to your iPhone without downloading the songs.
- You can view and share files from your iPhone, Blackberry, Android, iPad and iPod Touch.
- It’s easy to create public links to files and forward them to other people so they can download them.
- You can upgrade to a paid plan at a later date if you need more space.
To sign up for a free account with 2 GB of storage space, click here. Click the Change Plan button on any of the paid plan options, and select 2 GB Free.
To earn a 250 MB Getting Started Bonus, complete the tutorial on the website. To earn a 250 MB Mobile Getting Started Bonus, complete the games on the (free) mobile app. This storage space is available to you for as long as you use SugarSync.
In addition, just for using this link to sign up, you get an additional 500 MB of free storage.