The Re-Use Center (formerly Frederick Non-Profit Building Supply) collects and distributes donated building materials for use by low-income individuals and qualified charitable organizations. It’s incorporated as a non-profit enterprise with a commitment to work toward decent and safe housing and to divert usable building materials from wasteful disposal.
Here are just a few of the items they had in stock recently:
- Two-wheel trailer previously used to haul motorcycles (inspected/has spare tire): $150.
- New 1′ x 2′ ceiling tile: $4/case.
- Stainless steel kitchen sinks: $10 – $15.
- Dishwashers: $25 – $50.
- New window screens: $1 each.
- New interior solid core doors: $5 – $20.
- New and used soaking tubs, Jacuzzis: $50 – $200.
Although the Re-Use Center is open to the public, the biggest savings go to members, who get 30% off the marked price of everything in the store.
One-year memberships cost $5.
To become a member, you need to complete an application (available at the warehouse at 1109 East Patrick Street, in downtown Frederick). On the application, you must prove that your household income falls within the HUD guidelines below:
For more info, call (301) 662-2988.