- Cut down on the number of times you hit the grocery store a month.
- Try to do one main shopping trip, and each week go in just for milk and fresh fruit and veggies.
- Avoid convenience foods. Make your own snack food rather than buying snack cakes, etc.
- Try generic. In some cases there is no difference between the name brand and the generic (store) brand except the cost.
- Sign up for the store discount card if it’s available, and use it.
- Buy in bulk if you find a phenomenal price on a staple.
- Don’t go shopping when you’re hungry. If you have to stop somewhere enroute to the grocery store and buy a candy bar to satisfy your hunger, do it.
The insider's guide to saving time and money in Frederick, Maryland