In conjunction with this year’s FCPL Summer Reading Club, Busch Gardens and Water Country USA (Williamsburg, VA) have signed up to give kids a 30% discount on single day admission tickets to both parks.
To receive the discount, kids need to show their library card at the ticket counter.
Promotion open to students 18 and younger.
Summer memberships are valid for any three-month period between May 1 and September 30, 2008.
Heath & Wellness Membership
Adult: $175 / Family: $255
If the health benefits don’t convince you, consider the following:
- My family signed up last summer, and when we decided to continue our membership after the summer, the Y waived the customary $100 initiation fee. I’ve spoken with several people who said this fee was also waived for them in previous years.
- If you’ve already enrolled your kids in YMCA summer camp at the non-member rate, sign up for a summer membership before camp starts, and have your fees adjusted.
- Free babysitting (and a rec room for older kids, complete with pool table & air hockey).
- Free wireless internet in the lobby.
To take advantage of this offer, you’ll need to register by June 30.
For details, call: (301) 663-5131.
When school’s out, kids around the country visit selected Regal theatres for the Free Family Film Festival. It’s a fun-filled nine weeks of movies for kids and parents. Since 1991, Regal has provided this service to the community, and best of all it’s FREE!
Selected G & PG movies start at 10AM each Tuesday and Wednesday during the festival. First-come, first-served seating is limited to theatre capacity. The Free Family Film Festival is safe, lots of fun and a great way for kids to spend a weekday morning in the summer.
Westview Stadium 16
5243 Buckeystown Pike
Frederick, MD 21704
Valley Mall Stadium 16
17301 Valley Mall Road
Hagerstown, MD 21740
Germantown Stadium 14
20000 Century Blvd
Germantown, MD 20874
(301) 916-4435 Continue reading Regal Cinemas Free Kids’ Movies–Summer 2008 Schedule
Where: MDL Holiday Cinemas (100 Baughman’s Lane).
When: Every Tuesday and Wednesday morning at 10 through the summer.
Cost: $1 admission (cash only); Kids’ Paks ($3.75) include candy, drink, and popcorn.
||Alvin & The Chipmunks (PG)
||Wallace & Gromit (G)
||Bee Movie (PG)
||The Wild Thornberry Movie (PG)
||The Rugrats Movie (G)
||Flushed Away (PG)
||Shrek The Third (PG)
||Happy Feet (PG)
Large groups of 40 or more must call for reservations–(240) 674-6257 or (301) 662-9392.