Crepes & Beyond is a welcome addition to FSK Mall. They are located beside Duet with Music in the space formerly occupied by Nestle Toll House Cafe. Here are a few reasons they’re worth checking out the next time you’re at the mall:
- They make everything from scratch, using fresh ingredients.
- They bake their own bread and pastries (croissants, muffins, and cookies).
- Their prices are surprisingly good: BLTs are $3.99; a strawberry banana crepe (with real whipped cream) will set you back $5.19; and a greek salad costs just $7.19.
- If you want a crepe or sandwich that’s not on the menu, they’ll prepare it for you if they have the ingredients on hand.
- They have a few breakfast items on their menu (breakfast croissant; hash browns; omelet crepe; and egg, spinach & avocado crepe).
- Call ahead–(301) 228-3882, and your order will be waiting.
- They cater parties and meetings.
The next Scholastic Book Fairs Warehouse Sale is scheduled for December 9-19. We go every year–even though it’s an hour’s drive away–and save up to 80% on everything from video games and children’s books to goody bag favors and birthday presents that we stash in a closet until we need them.
Be sure to register ahead of time to get a Super Savings Pass coupon for $10 off a $50 purchase or $25 off $100.
Will Enten is a Frederick County middle school student and the son of a good friend of mine. He was diagnosed with cancer last summer and has been receiving aggressive medical treatment at Johns Hopkins since his diagnosis. Read about Will and his family here.
In conjunction with the Patty Pollatos Fund, friends and neighbors of the Enten family are hosting a fundraising bingo event at the end of the month. 100% of the proceeds will go to the PattyPollatos Fund to benefit Will.
Everyone involved has gone overboard preparing for this event. Here’s a partial list of what’s been assembled thus far:
- JACKPOT PRIZE: Apple Mini with Accessories ($400+ value).
- SPECIALS: 6-Card Gift Card Tree ($150 value), Pampered Chef Rockcrok ($160 value)…
- RAFFLES: Buckeystown Inn & Alexanders Restaurant ($250 value), YMCA–3-Month Family Membership ($358 value), Fairfield Inn & Suites–2-Night Weekend Stay ($378 value), Silver Necklace ($250 value)….
- 10 Cash Games: $75/each.
- 10 Prize Games: Themed baskets, such as: Baking, Dinner and a Movie, Relaxation, Gardening…
Saturday, February 27, 2016. (Doors open at noon. Games start at 1pm.)
The Elks Lodge. 289 Willowdale Drive, Frederick, MD.
$20 ahead of time; $25 at the door. To pre-order tickets, email DoitForWill2016@gmail.com
or call (301) 631-1255.
DOWNLOAD EVENT FLIER
Our local BestBuy now matches Amazon.com prices, with the following restrictions:
- Amazon.com has the product in stock.
- The product is not priced below BestBuy’s cost.
- The product is fulfilled (shipped) by Amazon–in other words, the product must be eligible for Amazon Prime.
- The product is sold by Amazon.
To take advantage of this deal, ask the cashier to pull up Amazon.com on their terminal and to confirm the product sold by Amazon meets their price-match requirements. If it does, they will charge you the Amazon price.
Our local AAA Care Care Center is yet another reason to join AAA. It’s located at 5620 Buckeystown Pike and does virtually all automotive repairs, except body work. Their phone number is (240) 397-7414, and they are open Sundays.
AAA members receive a 10% discount on repair labor and a 2yr/24,000 mile warranty on repairs. Non-Members receive 1yr/12,000 mile warranty on repairs (and, obviously, no discount on labor).
If you need to go somewhere in town while your car is being worked on, they offer free shuttle service–and they always have printable coupons available on their website.
Here’s a risk-free way to see if Tae Kwon Do is right for you or your child. Between now and April 30, Martial Arts USA has agreed to give anyone who mentions BargainChaser.com a free uniform ($45 value) and a trial month for just $39.95. During that month, you (or your child) can attend class three times a week–side by side with other new students. My 8-year-old daughter has been attending classes there for about a year and a half and loves it. The instructors are kind and really seem to enjoy their work, which I think my daughter has picked up on and is part of the reason she’s doing so well there.
From the Martial Arts USA website:
Adults Program – Our Adult class (ages 14 and up) learns both Korean martial art styles of Tae Kwon Do and Hap Ki Do in a traditional and friendly atmosphere. Our adults focus on Forms (Poomsae) and Weapons Training, Self-defense Situations, Kick pad drills, Target shield and Kick line drills, 3 Step Sparring (no contact), Hapkido Hosinisool (various techniques like throws, pressure points, joint locks and submission holds for example) and Olympic Style Sparring.
Children’s Program – Our Children’s class (for children ages 6 and up) learns the basics and beyond of traditional Tae Kwon Do in a variety of situations including Forms (Poomsae) and Weapons training, 3 Step Sparring (no contact), Kick line combination drills and Olympic Style Sparring.
Tiny Tigers Program – And for the youngest martial artists (for children ages 4 and 5) our Tiny Tigers program is a fun introduction to traditional Tae Kwon Do. The shorter class length keeps small kids interested and enthusiastic as they begin to learn the basic techniques they will eventually use to advance to more challenging belt classes.
Martial Arts USA
Hillcrest Towne Center
1080 W. Patrick Street, Suites 5 & 6
Frederick, MD 21703