When I was at Safeway yesterday, I noticed they’re offering to cash economic stimulus checks for free and will give a 10%-off grocery coupon to people who cash their checks there.
Shoppers who bring in their checks starting on May 14 can get them cashed for free and will receive a certificate for the discount that can be used the same day or the following day. The offer begins on May 14 and runs through July 19.
Other companies offering incentives for you to cash your check with them:
- CVS: For loyalty club members, $5 off a $30 purchase.
- Food Lion: $30 bonus on every $300 purchase of store gift cards.
- Lowe’s: Will cash checks for free, no purchase required.
- Sam’s Club: Free membership for non-members or a $40 gift card for existing members with purchase of selected items. Will cash stimulus check for free. Offer runs 5/18 – 31.
- Sears, K-Mart, Land’s End: Convert your check to a Sears, K-Mart, or Land’s End gift card and they’ll give you another gift card worth 10% of that value. Offer runs 5/14 – 7/18 and is not valid for catalog purchases.
- Wal-Mart: Will cash checks free, no purchase required.
- RadioShack: 10% off purchases over $50, with the balance of the check put on a Mastercard gift card. Offer runs 5/14 – 7/12.
Anybody know of other companies with similar incentives?